Take the Arts Organization/Teaching Artist Survey
It is exciting that the DC community was chosen to be named an Any Given Child site and recognized by the National Endowment for the Arts! This is a wonderful opportunity for DC to work together, across the city and ensure that ALL students have access to the arts in the future. To get started with this city-wide strategic planning we first have to have a comprehensive view of arts education programming in the city today.
Any organization or individual artist/practitioner that has education programming for DC youth should fill out this 20 minute survey and pass it along to their colleagues. Take the survey!
Let's get started!
- Please fill out one survey per organization.
- This data is for the current school year, 2017-2018 for ONLY DC Public School Students Served through arts education programming.
The survey takes an average of 20 minutes. Prior to the survey, have the following items handy:
- Organization budget information (including funding breakdowns by source, e.g. government, corporate, foundation, individual...),
- Education department budget (total budget including salaries/admin),
- List of schools served by program area,
- Estimated numbers of students/teachers/administrators served (served and anticipated).
- You may need to reach out to the point person for your organization's budget, education program registration personnel and program development personnel when you to complete this survey.
- It may be helpful to have a PDF of the survey so you can plan what information you need and who you need to contact within your organization for this information. View the PDF here.
Note: Humanities/Creative Humanities focused organizations should still fill out this survey. If your organization does not offer arts education or an arts integrated approach there is an option to enter that information in the survey.
This data collection model is a starting point. The Collaborative is expanding to humanities focused, early childhood and arts for the aging disciplines/ age ranges in the 2018-2019 school year to have a more comprehensive model of all of the arts and humanities disciplines in the District.
The aim of this survey is to obtain a current, accurate and comprehensive view of the arts education in DC. We will only present aggregated data publicly. No individual organizations will be singled out.
Join our Collective Impact Committee
The DC Collaborative invites you to join the Collective Impact Committee! This committee will advise and execute the work of the DC Collaborative’s overall Collective Impact Initiatives including the Any Given Child Washington, DC Initiative. In addition, the committee will also develop a series of professional development networks for members. We value the input from all of our members to make this process a success.