Announcements/ DC Collaborative Messaging Archive
The DC Collaborative encourages stakeholders to stay tuned to announcements coming from the Mayor's office at coronavirus.dc.gov and DC Public Schools website for the most current announcements. The DC Collaborative will also share what it knows each day at the DC Collaborative Daily ZoomChat and send out relevant annoucements.
March 24: DC Collaborative Launches its Distance Learning Resource Database
- On March 24, as DC Public Schools began its distance learning, the DC Collaborative launched the Distance Learning Resource Databsase.
March 20: DCPS School Closure Extension- April 27
- On March 20, DCPS announced that it is extending the school closure to April 27.
March 19: DC Collaborative Provides a Virtual Convening Update
- On March 19th, DC Collaborative announced two themmatic meetings on the DC Collaborative Daily ZoomChat on March 20 and March 23.
March 18: DCPS Distance Learning Announcement
- On March 18th, Chancellor Ferebee made an announcement regarding Distance Learning beginning March 24, after DCPS Spring Break.
March 13: DC Collaborative COVID-19 Response Update
- On March 13th, DC Collaborative shared three action items for immediate response.
March 13: Food Security for All Students
- On March 13th, DCPS announced 16 sites to provide food security for students. Meals will be available for all students every weekday from Monday, March 16 - Tuesday, March 31 from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. at the following sites,(link directs you to coronavirus.dc.gov/mealsites)
March 13: DC Public Schools Closure
- On March 13th, DCPS closed school through March 31, following Mayor Muriel Bowser's state of emergency and a public health emergency declarations.
March 12: DC Collaborative Message to Schools
On March 12th, The DC Collaborative suspends all field-trips, in-school workshops/ residencies and professional development workshops offered through the DC Collaborative's Arts and Humanities for Every Student (AHFES) program tomorrow, March 13 through Friday, April 3, due to the State of Emergency declaration and the DCPS Chancellor's event and travel update.
March 12: DC Collaborative Message to Members
- On March 12th, The DC Collaborative suspends all field-trips, in-school workshops/ residencies and professional development workshops offered through the DC Collaborative's Arts and Humanities for Every Student (AHFES) program tomorrow, March 13 through Friday, April 3, due to the State of Emergency declaration and the DCPS Chancellor's event and travel update.
March 11: DC Public Schools Event and Travel Update
- On March 11th, Chanclellor Ferebee issued an event and travel update, following guidance issued by DC Health on canceling non-essential mass gatherings, DC Public Schools (DCPS) is taking preventative measures around travel and high-attendance events for students and staff.
March 11: DCPS Scedule Change
- On March 11, DCPS annouced that as part of DCPS’ emergency response planning, there will be a shift in school schedules for the week of March 16. This announcement affects both teachers and students. The scheduled Professional Development Day for teachers on Friday, March 20 will now take place on Monday, March 16.
March 11: DC Health Department Advisory
On March 11th, DC Health issued a recommendation that non-essential mass gatherings, including conferences and conventions, be postponed or cancelled. Mass gatherings are defined as events where 1,000 or more people congregate in a specific location. They also recommend that any social, cultural, or entertainment events where large crowds are anticipated be reconsidered by the organizer. This recommendation is in effect through March 31.
March 11: DC Collaborative Message to School-based Educators and Administrators
- View the message here.
March 10: DC Collaborative Mass Email Message
View the message here.