Create Calm Inc. is an non-profit organization dedicated to developing healthier, happier communities through mindfulness-based behavioral health education through:
- Mental & Physical Health Education: resources and support for optimal self-care, positive engagement, collaboration, inclusion, and success in all environments.
- Access for Every Body: collaborative programming for all members of the community, focusing on children and adults, to empower everyone to feel a sense of belonging and know their right to physical and mental wellness.
- Value & Resilience: carefully constructed curriculum that teaches social-emotional competencies to develop the capacity to understand and value oneself and others, and to be active, compassionate,resilient lifelong learners.
At Create Calm, our students develop internal guidance systems for external fortitude through alertness, awareness, compassion and consistency.
New in 2021, Create Calm will be offering individuals, families, and schools access to full-length on-demand yoga and mindfulness classes just like the successful programs that Create Calm has brought to schools since 2016. Also available, Balancing Breaks – short, focused activities designed to bring quick results with specific purpose, like breathing to reduce anxiety or cross-body movement to balance the left and right hemispheres of the mind and body. To access these classes, click on one of the following links:
- Create Calm for Schools (https://createcalm.org/classes-trainings/school-educator-programs/)
- On-Demand Create Calm Classes for Individuals & Families (https://createcalm.org/classes-trainings/on-demand-videos/)
AHFES Distance Learning
Online Yoga and Meditation Tools
In this time of heightened anxiety and uncertainty, Take a break from the worry and sedentary waiting. Stretch your body and your mind with yoga and mindfulness. Find many short meditations and yoga sets that can be practiced by children and adults on the YouTube channel below. Parents and caregivers can practice these tools at home, on their own or together. These online experiences are created, led, and shared by DC Collaborative member and resource provider, Lisa Danahy, the founder & director of Create Calm, your school and community resource for yoga and mindfulness.
Content Areas: Social-Emotional Learning; Physical Fitness; Wellness; Mental Health
Discipline: Yoga & Mindfulness
Resource Type: Other Interactive Distance Learning Activity/ Online or Printable Resource
Learning Standards: executive function; fine and gross motor skills; self-concept; academic readiness, including eye teaming, sensory processing, balance
Grades: K, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th (younger students can participate with support of an adult)